Tis the season for all things pumpkin and if you’re a cheesecake lover, this is the recipe for happiness! This graham cracker crumb, pumpkin swirl cheesecake is a decadent dessert that’s sure to become a favorite in any season!
Pumpkin swirl cheesecake
pumpkin swirl cheesecake
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar (crust)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar (filling)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 9″ spring-form pan
Let’s make it!
- Make Crust
Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9″ spring-form pan. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Make vanilla cheesecake filling
In large bowl or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour at medium speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Make pumpkin swirl topping
Scoop out one cup of filling mixture and add it to a small bowl, then add pumpkin and spices. Mix until well combined. Set aside momentarily.
- Pour the large bowl of vanilla filling on top of cooled crust.
- Drop spoonfuls of pumpkin mixture onto top of vanilla filling in pan in polka-dot fashion. Drag a butter knife through pumpkin polka dots in random fashion to swirl through vanilla filling.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375° then reduce oven temperature to 300° and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn off oven, crack open oven door to allow heat to escape and allow cake to sit in over for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely (at least one hour).
- Loosen edge of cake from pan by running a paring knife around the circumference. Release and remove spring-form band.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for several hours. Loosen cheesecake from base of spring-form pan by sliding a large off-set spatula or chef’s knife underneath crust and carefully remove cake to serving plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.