It’s always nice to be given flowers, but better yet if they’re edible!
These cupcake bouquets are fun to make, pretty to look at and taste delicious!
Decorative container (vase/mason jar/candle holder)
Floral foam cut to fit container
12″ Bamboo skewers cut to size
Frosting (see Wilton buttercream recipe, found below, or cheat & buy it from local bakery)
Gel food coloring (pink or red)
Cake decorating bag and tips (star tip or rose tip with rose nail)
Parchment paper cut into 2″ squares (for making roses)
1. Tint icing desired color with gel food coloring.
2. Frost cupcakes with a relatively thin layer of frosting to set crumbs.
3. Cut floral foam to fit snugly inside container. (a serrated knife works well)
Foam should be level with top of container.
4. EITHER use star tip to create swirls on top of cupcake OR
use rose tip with rose nail to make roses.
5. Place roses on top of cupcakes & insert blunt end of skewer into bottom of a cupcake.
6. Insert sharp end of skewer into center of floral foam. The center cupcake should sit highest in the arrangement. Arrange remaining cupcakes around the center cupcake.