Decorating the chicken coop for Halloween was on the agenda this weekend and I rocked it Wizard of Oz style! This project was fun, easy, inexpensive and the result- adorable! It killed
me to deface a beautiful pair of Franco Sarto leather heels, but they were the only ones in the thrift store that fit the bill.
ruby red spray paint
clear acrylic gloss spray
ruby red glitter
steel wool (optional)
2, 1/3″ wooden dowels
black & white striped tights
1. Scuff up leather with steel wool. Stuff shoes with newspaper, tape off inside of shoe with painters’ tape.
2. Spray shoe with red paint and immediately sprinkle with glitter. Allow to dry.
3. Seal with acrylic spray. Dry completely.
4. Drill 1/2″ holes in the back of the shoes & insert dowel in shoe.
5. Tap dowels into ground.
6. Fill bottom portion of tights with bubble wrap, tie off tights at waist & insert tights into shoes. Tuck waist end underneath house.
Welcome to the Clever Chicks Blog Hop!
Holy cow, you guys- 323 links last week?! It has been a FEAST for the eyes, thank you for sharing your talents and passions with us! It was extremely difficult to narrow down this week’s featured blogs, but I muddled through. 🙂
Some of my favorite posts and/or most viewed posts will be FEATURED on Clever Chicks next week! I will also pin them to my “Clever Chicks
” Pinterest board.
*Please be sure to link back to this post in order to be considered as a featured blog.* Featured bloggers are invited to brag about how clever they are by posting the Clever Chicks “Featured” button on their blogs!
How to Link-up
Share your clever ideas, DIY projects, recipes, tutorials, decorating tips,
stories about your families, chickens, farm animals or other pets!
** No linky parties, giveaways, items for sale
or repeat posts shared in prior weeks please. **
Please use the direct link to your blog post, not to your blog’s home page;
we want to be able to find your clever post!
This was shared here: Made in A Day, The Pin Junkie